MACDILL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. - The U.S. Special Operations Command inducted nine former special operators into the USSOCOM Commando Hall of Honor located at the USSOCOM headquarters here, April 6, 2015.
More than 120 people attended the ceremony to honor the inductees and watched as each of the former special operators or their surviving family member received a medal presented by Army Gen. Joseph L. Votel, USSOCOM commander, and Command Sgt. Maj. William F. Thetford, USSOCOM Command Senior Enlisted Adviser.
“These men embody the skills, value, spirit and courage of the special operations warrior,” said Votel. “Today is about honoring these men and their sacrifice to the nation they love, to honor their sacrifice, and to honor their families who stood by their side.”
The inductees include:
- Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. James L. Hobson, Jr
- Army 1st. Lt. Jack L. Knight (Killed in action in World War II)
- Retired Air Force Col. James H. Kyle
- Retired Army Command Sgt. Maj. Richard C. Lamb
- Retired Marine Corps Lt. Col. Terrence L. Moore
- Retired Marine Corps Col. John W. Ripley
- Retired Army Col. Phillip R. Stewart
- Retired Army Col. Lynn B. Stull
- Retired Army Chief Warrant Officer 4 Paul A. Zeisman
The nine former special operators’ service spanned 70 years from World War II to Operation Enduring Freedom.