When receiving what could be a Spam or Phishing email the following steps should be followed:
- Don't reply to the email, click on the URL links, open any attachments or attempt to view the message in HTML or other formats.
- Create a new message addressed to SOCOM_Spam@socom.mil
- In the Subject field include a brief description of the theme of the message received.
- Attach the suspicious email(s) along with the following information:
Send the message.Delete the original email from the Inbox and the Deleted Items folders.
- Workstation name:
- Contact phone number:
- Action taken: (Did you reply, click on any links or open attachments, etc.)
Cyber Network Defense (CND) utilizes the information received to create filter blocks and you may be contacted for additional information.