Cape Fear Community College: Is a public community college located in Wilmington, NC that offers a variety of program including trade and vocational programs.
George Tech VET2 Program: Offers fully funded military transition program that provides education and job opportunities to help transitioning active duty service members, unemployed veterans, and military spouses translate military values and experience into a successful civilian career.
International Institute of Orthotics and Prosthetics: Provides comprehensive academic programs that promote student success in a manner for which they can utilize the acquired knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to be competent and ethical practitioners of allied health.
Trade Schools and Certification Programs
Master Brewer Program: Offered through Siebel Institute of Technology students learn the skills necessary to become a master brewer.
Commercial Drivers License: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) offers programs to veterans and Service Members interested in obtaining their CDL.
AIRSTREAMS: Offers a 240-hour Renewable Energy and Communications Tower Technician program that provides participants a solid foundation in the fundamentals of wind energy and communication towers preparing them for entry-level position within the industry.
Barnett Bicycle Institute: Offers a variety of courses that provide students with a professional-grade technical education including Bicycle Assembly and Maintenance, Professional Bicycle Services, Advanced Topic Series and E-Bike Fundamentals.
Academy of Advanced Manufacturing: Offers a 12-week training program, where graduates will be placed with an industry leading manufacturing employer.
Ford-Lincoln Veteran Automotive Program:The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train former military maintenance and repair technicians and mechanics to become brand-certified Ford or Lincoln Automotive Service Technicians. This program is a DOL, GI Bill Approved Apprenticeship Program.
Google Career Certificates: Free courses are offered for IT Support and IT Automation with Python. Service Members/VETS are not required to have prior experience or a college degree to participate.
COURSERA: Offers online courses for certification and degrees, such as Project Management and Cybersecurity. Some Courses are free and some start as low as $49.00.
Troops To Firefighters: Assists Service Members, Veterans or family members who are interested in becoming a nationally certified firefighter.
Cape Fear Electrical Line Worker: Program: 10-week course designed to prepare students for a career as an electrical lineman.
- Operation Double Eagle: Offers a 9-week skills development program in Augusta, GA that connects veterans and transitioning active-duty Service Members to a network of Employers with immediate nationwide job opportunities. Skills development is achieved through technical college credits both online and in the classroom. Along with hands on learning in golf management, features construction, irrigation technician, maintenance, and turf management.
- With You With Me: Provides transitioning Service Members and Veterans with online IT training course and employment assistance.
- Institute for Veterans & Military Families: Offers a variety of programs through Syracuse University that focus on Career Training, Entrepreneurship, Community Services, Research & Analytics, and Higher Education.
- NS2 SERVES: Is a free, three-month intensive training course the equips Veterans with valuable skills for today's high-tech, in-demand careers. NS2 Serves students become trained and certified in cutting-edge SAP technology, further develop critical business and interpersonal skills, and can acquire other valuable credentials for well-paying jobs wherever they choose to take their career.
- SANS Institute: Offers a verity of academies within the Cybersecurity field at no cost to participants.
- Breakline: Helps veterans, women, and people of color pivot into compelling careers in the tech industry.
- Onward to Opportunity (O2O): A career skills program that provides civilian career training, professional certifications, and employment services support to transitioning service members, members of the Reserves or National Guard, veterans, and military spouses.
Preperation Programs and Resources
- VETERATI: Offers free online mentoring program for Veterans and Military Spouses.